This item is currently out of stock
The Tyrrell P34 caused a sensation within the F1 world when it was unveiled in 1975. Derek Gardner sought to enhance braking and cornering performance by reducing the size of the drag-inducing front tires while preserving contact patch area through the use of 4 tires, thereby creating the only 6-wheeled machine in F1 history.
It took part in actual races beginning with the Spanish GP in 1976, and drivers J. Scheckter and P. Depailler went on to drive their cars to a 1-2 finish at the Swedish GP to prove the incredible potential of the P34. At the final race of the season, the P34 appeared before Japanese fans at the inaugural Japanese GP held at Fuji Speedway. F1 race cars often have race-specific modifications, and the No.3 Tyrrell P34 driven by J. Scheckter at the Japanese GP was distinguished by a triangular net guard fitted on the air funnel and large wingtip panels on the rear wing. The race was a battle for the championship between Ferrari's N. Lauda and McLaren's J. Hunt and drew a great deal of attention both within Japan and around the world.
The weather was fair on Friday and Saturday, but conditions were worsened by rain on Sunday. Although the race finally began at 3PM after a long delay, championship contender N. Lauda quickly retired. The lost excitement was brought back by the performances of the Japanese drivers and P. Depailler's Tyrrell P34. From his 13th place qualifying position, Depailler overtook the field to briefly lead before a tire puncture dropped him back to finish the race in second place behind M. Andretti's Lotus.
This iconic F-1 car was first released in radio control in 1977. It’s such an iconic machine for Tamiya that the real thing sits at Tamiya’s lobby at the Shizuoka Tamiya offices in Japan! This special release comes with many Hop-Up Option parts for the modified F103 chassis in which the polycarbonate body sits on.
About the Model
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
- The distinctive silhouette of the P34 has been accurately reproduced with a durable polycarbonate.
- Stickers are included to depict both No.3 and No.4 cars.
- The high performance direct drive 2WD chassis comes equipped with a half double deck frame with 1.5mm thick upper and 2.5mm thick lower FRP plates.
- Kingpin coil spring links up well the 4-wheel independent suspension. One servo controls all four front wheels.
- The rear suspension features an FRP T-bar with TRF damper and low friction pads.
- Both front and rear tires are equipped with sponge tires.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE (NOT INCLUDED):
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio Gear: 2-Channel R/C Surface System Set with servo and receiver with ESC
- Battery: for transmitter and car
- Battery Charger
- Tools and Paint