The Tyrell P34 featured a revolutionary design with four front wheels and made its debut during the 1976 F1 race season. A 1-2 finish at Round 7 Swedish GP proved that the car possessed substantial potential and was not a mere design exercise. The following year, First National City Bank became the team's main sponsor and the cars, driven by P. Depailler and R. Peterson, were given a blue and white livery and a more aerodynamic full-body fairing. However , the cars reverted to the previous years semi-fairing for the Monaco GP, where Petersen achieved a 4th place finish.
About the Model
- Lightweight and streamlined FRP semi-double deck chassis with 1.5mm thick upper and 2.5mm thick lower decks.
- Kingpin coil spring 4-wheel independent front suspension uses one-piece lower arm and separate left/right upper arms.
- A single servo with hi-torque servo saver steers the four front wheels.
- The rear suspension features an FRP T-bar with TRF damper and low friction pads.
- An efficient direct-drive setup with has the spur gear powered directly by the pinion. A built-in ball differential gives limited slip effect.
- Comes with torque-tuned motor plus grippy sponge tires front and rear.
- Compatible with Tamiya Racing Packs.
Includes pre-painted body components
Includes pre-painted body, engine, rear wing and driver parts, with complex areas pre-cut. Paint driver helmet to match chosen marking option; body requires cutting out of the remaining sections and application of stickers
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
- 2-channel transmitter
- batteries for transmitter
- esc (electronic speed controller)
- battery pack
- battery charger