This item is currently out of stock
The McLaren MP4-24 was McLaren-Mercedes' race car for the 2009 Formula One season. Both team drivers Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen initially had difficulty achieving good times or results, but at the German GP, after numerous upgrades, the MP4-24 started to show promise. During the break after the German GP, the car was upgraded once more and went on to show its true potential, with Hamilton winning the Hungarian GP as well as the Singapore GP. The MP4-24 finished the season strongly and claimed 3rd in the Constructors' Championship, beating Ferrari by 1 point.
A wide variety of Option Parts are available, not included, to further customize your machine such as:
- Item 54158 F104 Aluminum Diff Housing Set
- Item 54162 F104 Carbon Rear Shaft
- Item 54202 F104 Aluminum Upper Suspension Mount
- Item 54203 F104 Aluminum Servo Mount (L/R)
Specs & Features
- 1/10 R/C assembly model kit which depicts the car from the Singapore GP.
- The ground hugging form of the MP4-24 has been accurately reproduced with durable polycarbonate.
- The model features 3-dimensional front and rear wings, rear diffuser, side mirrors, and suspension arms for enhanced realism.
- Body can be assembled with or without the polycarbonate side pontoons.
- Synthetic rubber slick tires included.
- Sticker sheet included.
- The front tires feature non-moving rotating fairings just like the actual machine.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio: 2-Channel with servo(s) and ESC
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS