This item is currently out of stock
The 2008 24 Hours Nurburgring had Volkswagen debut a contingent of new Scirocco GT24 race cars. They went on to earn an impressive 1-2 finish in their inaugural race. The car was later updated with a new 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that was notable for being powered by Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), which reduced CO2 emissions by 80%. This machine again demonstrated its superb performance, capturing the AT (alternative powertrain) class titles in 2009, 2010, and 2011. The Tamiya R/C car model is produced in 1/10 scale and the featured chassis underneath is the FF-03 (Tamiya's 3rd generation Front-Wheel-Drive chassis). The RC model depicts the Scirocco GT24-CNG which raced in the 2011 24 Hours Nurburgring.
Specs and Features
- 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
- VW Scirocco body is realistically reproduced with polycarbonate material.
- Sticker and masking sticker sheets included.
- Separately-molded side mirrors and rear wing parts included.
- The front-motor FWD FF-03 chassis features Inboard Front Suspension, ball differential, and CVA oil dampers.
- Independent double wishbone suspension
- Medium-narrow 10-spoke Gun Metal wheels (offset +0) are included.
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio Gear: 2-Channel Surface System (Transmitter, receiver and servo) and ESC
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS