This item is currently out of stock
The Toyota 86 has been a highly anticipated sports car since the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show. In 2012 the vehicle was finally released to markets around the world. In Japan it is known as the Toyota 86. In Europe it is known as the GT-86 and in the USA and North America it is known as the Scion FR-S. The new Toyota 86 R/C body is mounted on Tamiya's proven mid-level assembly kit, the TA-06.
Specs and Features
- Oil filled Dampers
- 4WD, independent double wishbone suspension system
- Dog-bone drive axles.
- Low-Friction Drive Belts (174mm, 453mm)
- Aluminum Motor Plate
- Full Ball Bearings
- Steel Turnbuckle Shafts
- Steel Ball Connectors
- Standard Servo Saver
- The motor (not included) is installed at the mid-rear position which helps improve traction for the rear wheels.
- Comes equipped with aluminum motor plate and aluminum spur gear holder from the TA-05 chassis platform.
- Suspension parts from the previous TA-05 platform are used on the new TA-06. (short reversible suspension, steering blocks, castor blocks and optional aluminum suspension mounts) are all transferable
- Molded plastic parts are made of durable FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic)
- Chassis battery compartment is compatible with NiCd, NiMh, LiFe and LiPo battery technologies.
- The battery pack can be accessed from the underside of the chassis by removing the battery cover.
- Two front suspension configurations: IFS (Inboard Front Suspension using rocker arms) and Standard outboard suspension is possible with the kit-included damper stay parts.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio Gear: 2-Channel Surface System with receiver, servo and ESC (NOT INCLUDED)
- Power Source: Battery Pack (NOT INCLUDED), requires batteries for transmitter (NOT INCLUDED)
- Motor: Type 540 (NOT INCLUDED)
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for battery pack (NOT INCLUDED)
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS (NOT INCLUDED)
- Misc. Items: Building and track equipment (NOT INCLUDED)