This item is currently out of stock
The early part of the 1987 F1 season saw a brightly colored yellow Lotus driven by the first ever Japanese F1 driver Satoru Nakajima and young Brazilian, Ayrton Senna. With Honda helping Williams claim the 1986 championship, Lotus opted for Honda's powerful RA166-E turbocharged V6 engine for the 99T. The 99T featured an electronic Active Suspension system which allowed both drivers to continually adjust the car's settings to compensate for the changing conditions of the track, speed, steering, and the weight of the car. Ayrton Senna went on to take victories at the Monaco and Detroit GPs for Lotus and finished the season in 4th position in the driver's standings.
Specs & Features
- Limited edition 1/10 R/C assembly kit model of the Lotus 99T.
- Length: 405mm, Width: 200mm, Height: 106mm.
- The proven direct-drive 2WD F103 chassis mimics the features of the Lotus 99T.
- The Lotus 99T body is accurately reproduced with durable polycarbonate.
- Lightweight semi-double deck chassis features 1.5mm upper and 2.5mm lower FRP decks.
- Sticker sheet to depict the car's livery and separately-molded parts for the front/rear wings and a driver helmet included (Satoru Nakajima).
- Gearcase is designed to enable ground clearance adjustment.
- High-grip sponge tires included
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio System: 2-Channel R/C Set w/ESC
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS
- Misc. Items: Building and track equipment