This item is currently out of stock
Team Lotus entered the 1991 F1 season with the Type 102B, a modified version of the Type 102 used in the previous season. It was powered by a 3.5-liter V8 Judd engine mounted onto a carbon-composite monocoque chassis and its aerodynamic body was adorned with a green and white livery. Tamiya was one of the team's sponsors during this season and the car featured Tamiya logos in prominent locations. Finnish driver Mika Häkkinen, who later became a world champion, famously drove this car as a rookie and an actual example is on display at Tamiya's headquarters in Shizuoka. Tamiya introduced an R/C model of the 102B on the F101 chassis back in 1991 and this machine is making a comeback on the modern F104W chassis.
About the Model
- 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
- The beautiful form of the Lotus has been accurately reproduced by the durable polycarbonate body.
- Sticker sheet to depict the livery included (some markings are not recreated on this re-release version).
- The F104W chassis features F103 front suspension arms to recreate the wide dimensions of earlier F1 machines.
- The direct drive 2WD features a spur gear with built-in ball differential.
- Comes equipped with front and rear high grip sponge tires.
- Type 540 motor included.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio: 2-Channel Surface Set with receiver, servo and ESC
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS
- Misc. Items: Building and track equipment