This item is currently out of stock
The East African Safari is one of the world's more grueling off-road racing events. It began in 1953 to mark the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. The event took place through the East African nations of Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. The event continued over four days to complete the 6,200km journey.
About the East African Safari RallyAfter a victory in 1970, Nissan entered the 1971 Safari Rally with four Datsun 240Z series cars. The 240Z, which was powered by a 5-speed, straight-six L24 OHC engine, became popular among spectators because of its incredible performance. The No. 11 Datsun 240Z, driven by Herrman and Schuller, won the Over-all Victory, Class Victory, Team Victory and Manufactures Championship. Nissan became the first company to win back-to-back victories in all three categories. Herrman and Schuller became the first team to win back-to-back over-all victories.
Specs & Features
- 1/10 R/C assembly kit.
- Wheelbase: 251mm. (Use kit supplied suspension arms for a short wheelbase)
- Polycarbonate body.
- Stickers and masking seals included.
- Type 540 motor included.
- Light cases, two spotlights on the hood, and front and rear bumpers are reproduced with separately molded resin parts.
- Add exciting lighting action to your machine with separately available (NOT INCLUDED) Tamiya LED light Unit TLU-01 (Item 53909) (LEDs not included in kit).
- Black offset +2 wheels and Rally Block Tires included.
- TEU-104BK ESC included.
- 2-ch R/C system, battery pack and charger are separately available.
- A wide variety of Option Parts are available to further customize your chassis.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio: 2-Channel with servo(s)
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS